NYS P-EBT Food Benefit
What should I know about submitting a NYS P-EBT Food Benefit application?
Here is some important information about the NYS P-EBT Food Benefit application process:
- Applications will only be accepted through September 15, 2023.
- OTDA will process your application on or before September 29, 2023.
- The NYS P-EBT Food Benefit application can be accessed beginning May 15, 2023.
- If you are unable to access or complete the online application, please call the P-EBT Helpline at 1-833-452-0096
- You may submit separate applications for each of your eligible children at pebtbenefits.ny.gov under the same NY.gov account.
- After 15 days, households with incomplete applications will receive a reminder inviting them to complete and submit their outstanding application. After 30 days, incomplete applications will be permanently closed, and a new application may need to be started.
- If you are not sure that you should apply, you can call the P-EBT Helpline at 1-833-452-0096. After a helpline representative confirms that you are the parent or guardian of the child you are calling about, they can inform you of any P-EBT food benefits your child has already received and let you know if your child may be eligible to receive more if you apply.
Important: OTDA cannot issue benefits to children who attended a school that did not submit enrollment or attendance information for the 2021-22 school year. If you believe your child is eligible for a 2021-22 school year or Summer 2022 P-EBT food benefit that they did not receive, you may contact the P-EBT Helpline at 1-833-452-0096 or email us through the P-EBT Information Form. Please note the P-EBT Information Form is not an application for P-EBT food benefits.
For more information and the latest updated regarding the program, please visit https://otda.ny.gov/SNAP-COVID-19/.