Every registration requires the completion of a Housing Questionnaire Form. Information provided in this form will provide the district the student's housing information and help determine placement and services if needed.
All registrations into the Brentwood School District require a Home Language Questionnaire (HLQ) form to be completed. Information from this form will determine if an assessment is needed during the registration.
Original Birth Certificate or other official document deemed sufficient to establish age and parentage, such as:
• Baptismal Certificate
• Marriage certificate, custody, guardianship, divorce, separation and/or
other related documents that establish parental relationship
• Hospital or health records
• School photo identification with date of birth
• Consulate identification card
• Military dependent identification card
• Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies: Local social service agency or Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement
• Court orders or other court-issued documents
• Native American tribal document
• Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies
• Other documentary evidence which can be used to determine a child’s age
• Most recent report card and assessment results
• Current IEP/504, if applicable
• Form DSS-2999, if applicable
Anyone registering a student, except the parent(s), must provide proper documentation of child’s custody, including, but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.
In addition, please submit a Notarized Custodial Affidavit provided by the Brentwood School District.
Any change of guardianship, custodial restrictions or other special circumstances requires specific documents be immediately provided to the District Office of Central Registration located at 52 Third Avenue, Brentwood, NY 11717. Please call the Office at (631) 434-2301 to make an appointment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PARENT(S) AND STUDENT(S) MAY ALSO BE REQUIRED TO MEET WITH SCHOOL BUILDING PERSONNEL (GUIDANCE COUNSELOR OR TEACHERS) BEFORE STUDENT BEGINS CLASSES.
All foster parents must present at the time of registration of a foster child, a placement letter from the agency, on their letterhead indicating the foster parent’s name, date of birth and grade of each student to be registered. Agency must also include health history and dates of mandatory immunizations of each student, and a DSS 2999 form with CIN/Medicaid number, ACS or SOO number for each student.