Skip To Main Content

Unemployment Insurance Benefits (COVID)

The District continues to navigate and address impacts as a result of our current school closures and provide information and resources to support our Employees during these challenging times. We are sensitive to the challenges our Employees face when they are out of work and the financial impact. If you are working for the District on a per diem, call-in basis (example per diem Substitute Teacher, Sub. Monitor, Sub. Teaching Assistant, Sub. Clerical, Sub. Guard, Sub. Custodial., Sub. Nurse, Sub. Food Service Worker) you should be filing an Unemployment Benefit Claim with the Department of Labor to assist you with income during the school closures.


We thank you for all that you do for our students, families, administration and community each day. If you have specific questions about the nature of your position, and are unclear please contact the Human Resources Office.


Below you will find information on how to file a claim with the Department of Labor as well as links, FAQ's and the District's FEIN number.


How to file a claim for Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits


Web Service:
It is best to apply for UI online. Sing in with your NY.GOV.ID and follow the instructions to the claim.


Call their Telephone Claim Center to file a claim: 

  • Call: 1-888-209-8124
  • 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday - Friday 
  • 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday

Things you need to file your claim:

  1. Your Social Security number
  2. Your driver license or Motor Vehicle ID card number (if you have either one)
  3. Your complete mailing address and zip code
  4. A phone number where they can reach you from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
  5. Employer Registration number or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) of your most recent employer (FEIN is on your W-2 forms) - Brentwood's FEIN number is: 11-6002032
  6. If you choose direct deposit of your weekly benefits, you need a check that has your bank routing and checking account numbers.

Personal Identification Number (PIN):

If you have never filed a claim for benefits in New York State, you must create a PIN. This is a four-digit number that you must keep confidential.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):


For common questions about UI, go to their FAQs page. If you sill have questions about UI or your claim, sign-in with your NY.GOV ID and click on "Messages." See: NY.GOV ID: Helpful Short Guides and Frequently Asked Questions to help you get started with NY.GOV ID.